If you HATE HETALIA this is your place =)
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Clearing Misconceptions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GaGaalinG

avatar

Mensajes : 111
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-08-18
Edad : 28
Localización : destiny islands

PostSubject: Re: Clearing Misconceptions   Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:16 am

crossover wrote:
oh ok, but korea isn't the only only potrayed with racist sterotypes though. italy,france, and russia also have racist sterotypes to them too. all i'm trying to say is that peopl mainly make a fuss about how korea was potrayed, even though other characters are really offensive too. i'm suprised that the italians and russians didn't complain about hetalia.

also could you send me a link to a video of yours. i'm new here and haven't checked out all the posts yet.

i also forgot to mention that i found seychelles's whitewashing offsenive, and when i did some reasearch on hetalia just to see why it's popular, i found out that the characters greece and egypt were white-washed too

actually the reason I talk about Korea's racist portrayal all the time is because I don't see it too much from other people. and also because people tend to be able to see the racism towards Italy, France and Russia but those same people often don't see the racism towards Korea because they don't know anything about the Orients outside of Japan. I'm sure that a lot of racism was mistaken to be "stereotypes" towards a lot of countries. however I'm positive Korea has the most racist portrayal seeing as EVERYTHING is based off of some sort of racist view. and mainly and since France, Italy, and Russia don't have the same history and relationship with Japan as Korea it's more offensive to Koreans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crossover



Mensajes : 16
Fecha de inscripción : 2011-08-20
Localización : america

PostSubject: Re: Clearing Misconceptions   Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:48 am

GaGaalinG wrote:
crossover wrote:
oh ok, but korea isn't the only only potrayed with racist sterotypes though. italy,france, and russia also have racist sterotypes to them too. all i'm trying to say is that peopl mainly make a fuss about how korea was potrayed, even though other characters are really offensive too. i'm suprised that the italians and russians didn't complain about hetalia.

also could you send me a link to a video of yours. i'm new here and haven't checked out all the posts yet.

i also forgot to mention that i found seychelles's whitewashing offsenive, and when i did some reasearch on hetalia just to see why it's popular, i found out that the characters greece and egypt were white-washed too

actually the reason I talk about Korea's racist portrayal all the time is because I don't see it too much from other people. and also because people tend to be able to see the racism towards Italy, France and Russia but those same people often don't see the racism towards Korea because they don't know anything about the Orients outside of Japan. I'm sure that a lot of racism was mistaken to be "stereotypes" towards a lot of countries. however I'm positive Korea has the most racist portrayal seeing as EVERYTHING is based off of some sort of racist view. and mainly and since France, Italy, and Russia don't have the same history and relationship with Japan as Korea it's more offensive to Koreans.

i see your point but at least korea is smarter and braver than italy though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GaGaalinG

avatar

Mensajes : 111
Fecha de inscripción : 2010-08-18
Edad : 28
Localización : destiny islands

PostSubject: Re: Clearing Misconceptions   Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 am

crossover wrote:
GaGaalinG wrote:
crossover wrote:
oh ok, but korea isn't the only only potrayed with racist sterotypes though. italy,france, and russia also have racist sterotypes to them too. all i'm trying to say is that peopl mainly make a fuss about how korea was potrayed, even though other characters are really offensive too. i'm suprised that the italians and russians didn't complain about hetalia.

also could you send me a link to a video of yours. i'm new here and haven't checked out all the posts yet.

i also forgot to mention that i found seychelles's whitewashing offsenive, and when i did some reasearch on hetalia just to see why it's popular, i found out that the characters greece and egypt were white-washed too

actually the reason I talk about Korea's racist portrayal all the time is because I don't see it too much from other people. and also because people tend to be able to see the racism towards Italy, France and Russia but those same people often don't see the racism towards Korea because they don't know anything about the Orients outside of Japan. I'm sure that a lot of racism was mistaken to be "stereotypes" towards a lot of countries. however I'm positive Korea has the most racist portrayal seeing as EVERYTHING is based off of some sort of racist view. and mainly and since France, Italy, and Russia don't have the same history and relationship with Japan as Korea it's more offensive to Koreans.

i see your point but at least korea is smarter and braver than italy though

true... but at least Italy doesn't claim everything came from him and "supposedly" distorts history, and doesn't have a inaccurate portrayal of his traditional clothes.

we shall now turn this into a comparison of positive and negative portrayals! MUAHAHAHAHA! jk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Clearing Misconceptions   

Back to top Go down
 
Clearing Misconceptions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» A clearing in the woods.
» The Sun Clearing
» Look, a hut(Shaman's Hut)(clearing for purchase)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hate Hetalia :: Hate Hetalia :: Hetalicrap-
Jump to: